This game is good for A1 level learners when focusing on vocabulary. This game is good after the initial presentation of the vocabulary.
- Create picture cards of the word set you are teaching, e.g. animals, colors, clothes, furniture, jobs etc.
- Lay the cards on the table (or hang them on the board) in a jumbled manner in front of the learners. Repeat the for pronunciation and check meaning.
- Ask the learners to turn around or close their eyes. Remove one of the cards. Ask the learners to reopen their eyes and say which word is missing.
- Award points to the person/pair/team that can name the missing word the first. Reinforce by asking for the translation of the word (if desired) each time.
- Quickly add the card back to the mix and repeat step 3.
This is a fast, simple game that always energizes groups.
1-1 Variation: Play as above but take turns allowing the learner to remove a card as you, the trainer, close your eyes.