(Dream) House Description Swap
This one is good for describing rooms in a house and the things you find in those rooms. Also good for prepositions at lower levels. For intermediate levels include the activities they do in those rooms and for more advanced levels have them describe in as much detail how they would furnish/renovate and why.
- Have the participants write the description. They should NOT write their names on the paper. This could be homework or a timed writing (I usually give no more than 7 minutes).
- Collect the descriptions and redistribute them (it’s OK if someone gets their own back).
- Next have them read the descriptions alone, circle and help with any vocabulary or handwriting questions.
- Next, have one person read the description (making changes to the third person singular) and everyone else listens carefully. They should then guess whose description is is and ask at least one follow-up question.
- Continue until all the descriptions have been read and the authors identified.