This is good for A1-B1 levels and can be used for general English or business English.
- Brainstorm jobs in English and write about 12-15 on the board.
- Elicit some yes/no questions about jobs with the learners, for example:
- Do you wear a uniform?
- Do you work inside?
- Do you work alone?
- Do you study at university for your job?
- Do you work in a team?
- Do you earn a lot of money?
- Do you use a computer in your job?
- Do you drive as part of your job?
- Put the learners in pairs or small groups. Explain that one person will choose a job from the board, but will not tell their partner/group.
- The partner/group may ask 4 questions from the brainstormed questions (or others) before they can guess the job.
1-1 The activity works well for 1-1 as described.