This is a good review of questions and can be used form A1-B1 levels for best results.
- Explain that one learner will leave the room and the teacher’s phone will be given to another learner. The learner will then reenter the room and ask questions to find out who has the phone.
- You may need to board some question forms to remind them at this point.
- A1 level: Does a man/woman/person with brown hair/green shoes/etc. have the phone?
- A2 level: Is the person wearing…/Does the person …/Has the person got…
- B1 level: Did this person arrive late today?/ Is the person wearing…/Does the person …/Has the person got…
- Send one learner out and give a learner the phone.
- When the learner from outside returns, allow them to ask as many questions as possible until they can find out who has the phone (I encourage them NOT to ask “Does Maria have the phone/Do you have the phone, Maria” unless it is their very last question.).
- Repeat with a new learner leaving.
1-1: This could work with 1-1 if you print out a dozen pictures of different people and then place a card UNDER one of the pictures that says “phone” and have the learner play as above. You can start the game to show the learner how it’s done and to build confidence the first round (so the L “hides” the phone under a picture and you ask).